Our Solution for Heavy Industry
We have worked on many Heavy Engineering projects with Larsen & Toubro. Ltd., Mumbai, helping them validate their designs.
Most of these were large and prestigious projects and we feel very proud to have made contributions in validating the designs of these products.
We have worked extensively on design validation of products like Coal Gassifiers, Steam Drums, Boilers, and Steam Generators.
For Pressure Vessels and Heat Exchangers, we have worked on the following areas:
- Pressure Boundary Stress Analysis was done on the entire pressure boundary including nozzles, man-holes, and other attachments. The FE analysis was done according to ASME code Section-III for different Loading Conditions like Nozzle Loads, Piping Loads, Thermal Loads, Transient Loads and Seismic Loads. Stress Linearization was done to separate the Bending and Membrane stress and these stress were checked against the allowable stress specified by ASME.
- The Analysis was done to validate the design, both for Operating Conditions and Emergency Shutdown Conditions.
- Local Analysis of all Nozzle to Shell junctions
- Local Analysis of all the supporting legs.
- Tube Sheet analysis to validate the design thickness
- Dish-Ends analysis
- Analysis of all Internal Sub-assemblies to ensure no interference after deformation
- Alternate Design were suggested for components which needed to be strengthened
- Weld Simulations were also done to optimize on the sequence and type of weld